Fields marked with an * are required
2019 Tri -County Trout Derby Official Rules
In order to qualify for the Derby, please read and sign these rules:
1. Period- The Tri-County Trout Derby is Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14, 2019. Fishing will be from 6:30am-7:00pm on Saturday and 6:30am-5:00pm on Sunday.
2. Eligibility- All men, women, and children are eligible regardless of age. All entrants aged 16 and older must be the holder of a valid New York State fishing license. Derby registration must be completed, and fees paid prior to fishing in this derby.
3. Eligible Fish Species- Tagged Rainbow trout
4. Registration and Entry Fees- All registrations are to be completed and signed by participants. Adult Entry fee is $20 prior to March 15 and $30 for registrants after March 15. Child registration fee is $20 no matter the date of registration.
5. Fishing locations and techniques- Eligible fish must be caught in the nine-mile area between the corner of Rt 98 and East Arcade Road (Old Cattaraugus Road) in Arcade and 200 yards south of the bridge on Savage Road in Chaffee. The starting and ending points will be marked by signs. All fish must be caught using a fishing rod and reel. Live bait or artificial bait is eligible. Only tagged fish will be eligible and all fish must be turned in alive.
6. Safety, sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation-are expected from each entrant and participant at all times. Any infractions of these fundamental sporting principals may be deemed cause for disqualifications. All local, state and federal laws apply.
7. Waiver of Liability-All entrants must sign an assumption of risk agreement to participate in this event.
8. The official Tri-County Trout Derby rules and the official Tri-County Trout Derby registration form are to be considered to be one document and by signing the Official Tri-County Trout Derby registration form you are agreeing to honor and abide by all Official Derby Rules.
2019 Tri-County Trout Derby Assumption of Risk Agreement
Please read carefully, this may affect your legal rights:
1. Express Assumption of Risk-I understand that participation in the Tri-County Trout Derby involves significant risks of serious injury or death from, including but not limited to, falling or slipping, impacting man made or natural elements objects or being impacted by such objects, equipment malfunction, adverse weather conditions, natural elements, including but not limited to, creeks, rivers, trees, rocks, stumps, and uneven terrain, dizziness, fatigue, encounter with insects or animals, contact with other participants, physical exertion, and falls. I acknowledge that I have sufficient skills and am in adequate physical condition to participate in these activities.
2. Participation of Minors- I am the parent or guardian, of the minor on whose behalf I have signed this agreement. I have explained the risks inherent in the Tri-County Trout Derby to my child in an age appropriate manner and he/she has acknowledged that he/she understands and accepts those risks.
3. Right of Privacy Release- I agree to the photographing, filming or videotaping of my appearance while participating in the Tri-County Trout Derby and the reproduction of such materials by the Arcade Area Chamber of Commerce and its corporate affiliates.
I agree that the Arcade Area Chamber of Commerce is, and will be, the sole owner of all rights in and to the Materials and the reproductions thereof. The Arcade Area Chamber of Commerce shall have the right, among other things to reproduce the Materials one or more times for any and all lawful purposes, including the promotion of the Arcade Area Chamber of Commerce. The Arcade Area Chamber of Commerce shall also have the right to use my name, portrait, picture and biographical material for such purposes.
4. Effect on Legal Rights- I have read this agreement carefully and understand its contents. I have read this agreement to my child and he/she has acknowledged that he/she understands its contents. I am aware that the agreement includes an express assumption of risk. I understand that this agreement may affect legal claims for damages in the event of death or any injury to me or my child. I acknowledge that any questions I or my child has about this agreement or the risks inherent in participating in the Tri-County Trout Derby have been answered to me and my child’s satisfaction. I have signed this document of my own free will.
5. Controlling Law/Venue- I agree that the terms of this agreement are binding on me and my child and shall be governed by the Laws of the State of New York. I also agree that any legal action relating to me or my child’s participation in the Tri-County Trout Derby will be brought in the New York State Supreme Court, County of Cattaraugus or the United States District Court for the Western District of New York.
After form submission you will be redirected to the payment page to finalize your Derby Registration.